Mass for Feast to the Immaculate Conception is Tuesday the 8th at 10am and 7.30pm in St. Mary’s Church Sandyford—you do not need to book for these Masses. They are on a first come basis and the maximum number at each Mass is always 45
NEW UPDATE PARISH MASS TIMES & GUIDELINES
We are delighted to announce that, from Tuesday 1st December , we will resume public Masses on Monday to Friday at 10am in St. Mary’s Sandyford—no booking required.
We will resume our weekend schedule on the weekend of the 5th & 6th December,
Mass times as follows: St. Mary’s Saturday 6pm Sunday 9am, 11am and 6pm. St. Patrick’s 10am. Our Lady of the Wayside 12 noon—Booking required.
Under the current regulations we are obliged to ensure that social distancing and sanitising are adhered toboth outside and within our Churches. Our churches, because of their size, present a number of challenges so we ask parishioners to please take note of the following
- No reservation for weekday/holy days.
- A reservation booking system will be operated to facilitate attendance at all Public Masses Weekend only.
- The number of seats available in each Church will depend on its size as follows:
St. Patrick’s, Glencullen – 36 seats.
Our Lady of the Wayside, Kilternan – 32 seats.
St. Mary’s Sandyford – 45 seats.
- Each reservation is one per household—up to five people (as those living together may sit together).
- For reservations for all Masses in all three Churches, please go online to the parish website to access the reservation system alternatively you may call the Parish Office on 2956414 between the hours of 9.30am to 12 .30pm strictly.
- Due to the limited numbers, parishioners are encouraged to attend Mass during the week when possible and this will serve as a Sunday Mass. We encourage parishioners who feel safe and are well enough to do so, to attend Mass once a week, once every two weeks, or once a month. Please note that all parishioners are dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass at the moment. Those who do not feel the time is right for them should continue to avail of the Parish webcam.
- A small group of volunteers will act as stewards at all Masses. This is to ensure and help to assist Parishioners to comply with social distancing and sanitizing and taking their designated seat.
- As our Church aisles are very narrow, it will be essential for Parishioners to follow the direction given by the stewards.
- We are required to have only one entrance, clearly marked as such and one exit clearly marked as such, this is to ensure that there is no crossover between people.
Parishioners are asked to follow the signs that will clearly mark and highlight the one way system in operation.
- All parishioners are asked to wear a mask upon entering the church for the celebration of Mass.
- The distribution of Holy Communion will take place at the very end of Mass when the Priest will ask the stewards to invite people to receive Holy Communion one by one observing social distance. Once Holy Communion has been received Parishioners are asked to leave through the marked exit promptly and may give their thanksgiving in the grounds of our Churches. Due to the narrowness of our aisles it is impossible to distribute Holy Communion in any other way at this time.
- After Mass each Church will be sanitised and deep cleaned.
- All three Churches will continue to be open during the day for private prayer.
It is important for people to understand that this is a time when we all have to work together and look out for each other by observing best practice. We thank you for your understanding and for your support and I look forward to being able to meet people personally as the restrictions are eased. Fr John Delany
Mass of Remembrance
“Come to me all you who labour and I will give you rest”
In November We Remember.
A reminder that November is the month of Holy Souls when we
remember our deceased loved ones in prayer. You are invited to compile
a list of names for the Altar List of the Dead, which can be placed in the
envelopes, available in the Church porches.
These can then be left into the Sacristies or Parish Office.
At 10am on the first Friday of every month for the next year, in St.
Mary’s Church, Sandyford Village, Holy Mass will be offered for those
whose names are on the Parish Altar List of the Dead.
Thursday 7.30pm 19th November, 2020
Mass will be celebrated via the parish webcam www.sandyfordparish.org